Funes Mori departs Everton to join Villarreal
Ramiro Funes Mori has left Everton to join LaLiga club Villarreal for an undisclosed fee, signing a four-year contract.
Everton have sold defender Ramiro Funes Mori to Spanish side Villarreal for an undisclosed fee.
Argentina international Funes Mori arrived at Goodison Park in September 2015, with Roberto Martinez - who was Everton manager at the time - splashing out a reported £10million to sign him from River Plate.
A regular starter in his first season, Funes Mori slipped down the pecking order under Ronald Koeman before a knee problem restricted him to just four appearances in the 2017-18 campaign.
The 27-year-old, who missed out on Jorge Sampaoli's World Cup squad, has now signed for Villarreal, penning a four-year deal with the LaLiga club.
Funes Mori made a total of 67 appearances for Everton across all competitions, scoring five goals.
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants