Messi avoids media after Argentina crash out of World Cup
After suffering yet more international disappointment, Argentina captain Lionel Messi did not speak to the media.
Lionel Messi opted not to speak to the media after Argentina were knocked out of the World Cup by France.
Messi recorded two assists but could not score as Jorge Sampaoli's men bowed out of Russia 2018 following a 4-3 defeat in Kazan.
The Argentina captain only scored once in four matches at the finals and is still yet to score a World Cup goal in the knockout rounds.
And amid speculation he could retire from international football for the second time in his career, Messi did not stop in the post-match mixed zone.
Messi previously stepped away from international duty following Argentina's defeat in the Copa America final to Chile in 2016, having missed a penalty in the shoot-out.
Javier Mascherano, 34, retired from international football in the wake of the France loss, but Sergio Aguero told Tyc Sports he intends to continue representing Argentina.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In