Messi avoids media after Argentina crash out of World Cup
After suffering yet more international disappointment, Argentina captain Lionel Messi did not speak to the media.
Lionel Messi opted not to speak to the media after Argentina were knocked out of the World Cup by France.
Messi recorded two assists but could not score as Jorge Sampaoli's men bowed out of Russia 2018 following a 4-3 defeat in Kazan.
The Argentina captain only scored once in four matches at the finals and is still yet to score a World Cup goal in the knockout rounds.
And amid speculation he could retire from international football for the second time in his career, Messi did not stop in the post-match mixed zone.
Messi previously stepped away from international duty following Argentina's defeat in the Copa America final to Chile in 2016, having missed a penalty in the shoot-out.
Javier Mascherano, 34, retired from international football in the wake of the France loss, but Sergio Aguero told Tyc Sports he intends to continue representing Argentina.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?