Cristiano Ronaldo: Juventus to unveil star behind closed doors
The Italians have surprisingly opted against presenting 105-million-euro signing Cristiano Ronaldo in front of their fans. The USA vs. Ecuador live and direct: Friendly FIFA Date
Juventus have made the surprising decision not to unveil record signing Cristiano Ronaldo in front of their supporters.
Cristiano to have medical and face media at Juventus training ground
The Serie A champions, who confirmed the 105-million-euro capture of the five-time Ballon d'Or winner from Real Madrid on Tuesday, today revealed to the media that they plan to present the 33-year-old striker behind closed doors.
Juve said that Cristiano, who is due to arrive in Turin on Sunday, will undergo a medical on Monday, before travelling straight to the club's Continassa training ground to give his first press conference as a Bianconeri player, in an event attended only by members of the media.
Unveiling will contrast with Cristiano's Real Madrid presentation
Such a presentation will be in stark contrast to his 2009 unveiling by Real, which saw a crowd of over 85,000 fans turn out at the Bernabéu to see the Portugal star following his 96-million-euro move from Manchester United.
Four Real Madrid players who stand to benefit from Cristiano Ronaldo's exithttps://t.co/9eJ0IlqVxM— AS English (@English_AS) 12 July 2018
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski hoping to break NFL record
- NFL Who plays Monday Night football tonight, Week 13? Games, times, TV
- SOCCER Kylian Mbappé disappointed Real Madrid move falls through
- SOCCER Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to 'stay at Milan for life'
- REAL MADRID Benzema out for Inter clash but has one eye on Madrid derby