De Jong: Barcelona determined to sign Ajax youngster
Barcelona's pursuit of 21-year-old midfielder Frenkie de Jong features on the front pages of the Catalonia-based sports newspapers today.
Ajax's Frenkie de Jong remains a major summer transfer target for Barcelona, regardless of the Blaugrana's interest in signing fellow midfielder Adrien Rabiot from Paris Saint-Germain for a fee that could be as much as 40m euros, despite the Frenchman only having one year left on his contract at the Parc des Princes.
Barcelona "don't want De Jong to get away from them"
Indeed, alongside France and Croatia's World Cup final clash in Moscow, the club's pursuit of De Jong - who Ajax are reluctant to sell - dominates the front pages of the chief Barcelona-based sports dailies today.
Barça "don't want De Jong to get away from them," reads the cover of Mundo Deportivo, who say the Camp Nou club want to snap up the 21-year-old in the current window or, at the very least, tie him down to a 2019 arrival.
De Jong expected to cost Barcelona around 50m euros
Meanwhile, Sport leads with the headline "All out for De Jong" and agrees with MD that a deal for the Dutch Under-21 international would be likely to cost last season's domestic double winners around 50m euros. "I can't promise I'm going to stay [at Ajax], I've got the option of going to Spain," the player is quoted as saying.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures