Tottenham's Erik Lamela extends contract to 2022
Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed that Argentinean winger Erik Lamela has commited to the club by signing a new four-year deal.
Erik Lamela has followed fellow Tottenham forward Son Heung-min in signing a new contract, committing his future to the club to 2022. Son agreed a five-year deal earlier on Friday and Lamela has also agreed to extend his time at Tottenham by signing fresh terms.
New deals for Spurs duo
Although his career has been disrupted by injury in recent years, Lamela made 25 Premier League appearances last term as Spurs qualified for the Champions League again. And although Tottenham have yet to make any new signings ahead of the 2018-19 campaign, new contracts for Son and the Argentine are a positive boost for manager Mauricio Pochettino.
Alderweireld future in the air
Lamela has scored 23 goals in 154 appearances for Spurs and joins players including Davinson Sanchez, Harry Winks and England captain Harry Kane in signing extensions since the end of the 2017-18 season. Pochettino also signed a new five-year deal in May, but the future of centre-back Toby Alderweireld remains in doubt as the Belgium international has entered the last year of his deal. Alderweireld, who helped Belgium finish third at the World Cup, has been linked with clubs including Manchester United.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"