Thomas Lemar touches down in Madrid
The new Atlético Madrid signing cut his holidays short and landed in Madrid where he said he didn't need to think twice about moving once Atleti opened the doors for a move.
Thomas Lemar was keen not to waste any time getting to work with his new club, Atlético Madrid, as he cut his holidays short to start his adventure in Spain. The new rojiblanco landed in Barajas Airport at 16:45 on Thursday afternoon when he had until August 6th to report to his new club. On Friday, the French midfielder will undergo his medical at the Universitaria de Navarra clinic and will will fall under the command of Atlético's physical trainer, Oscár Ortega, for what's left of preseason.
"Atlético followed me for a long time but I'm sure that the words of Lucas and Antoine have gotten me here," he said at the airport. "The club was following me and when they opened the door to me, I didn't think about it," he continued. Lemar arrives after being warned about the intensity of Profe Ortega's preseason. "Griezmann has told me that I will run a lot but I can't wait to get started," said the former AS Monaco man.
"I have liked this team for a long time, although I hadn't spoken to Simeone, but it won't be long now. And I am focused now on getting to know my new teammates and on getting to work," he said. He does intend to play the Super Cup against Real Madrid in Tallinn on August 15th along with his World Cup winning teammate Griezmann. The intention is to present Lemar next week on either Monday or Tuesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2