Man City clear Mahrez for training ahead of Chelsea clash
Pep Guardiola could pick club-record signing Riyad Mahrez against Chelsea after the Manchester City winger was cleared for training.
Riyad Mahrez could feature in the Community Shield for Manchester City, having been given the green light to return to training after an ankle knock.
City confirm no "significant damage" after injury against Bayern
City's club-record signing was forced off in the 28th minute of the 3-2 International Champions Cup victory over Bayern Munich on Saturday following a tackle from Chris Richards.
The Algeria international was pictured on crutches and wearing a protective boot on his return to Manchester.
However, the club have confirmed Mahrez sustained no "significant damage" and he may be available to Pep Guardiola to face Chelsea at Wembley.
"Mahrez has been given the all-clear to return to training later this week"
A City statement read: "Riyad Mahrez has been given the all-clear to return to training later this week after picking up an ankle knock.
"A scan [on Monday] has revealed no significant damage, and he could be available for selection for this weekend's Community Shield against Chelsea."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool