Marco Reus handed Dortmund armband for 2018-19
The Borussia Dortmund forward will captain the Bundesliga giants this season, with his years of injury struggle hopefully behind him.
Marco Reus has been named Borussia Dortmund captain for the 2018-19 season.
The Germany forward suffered from a succession of injury problems over recent years but bounced back last term to win a place in Joachim Low's squad for the ill-fated Russia 2018 campaign.
Reus has 96 goals in 204 appearances for Dortmund and is now reunited with head coach Lucien Favre, who he played under at Borussia Mönchengladbach.
"The coach announced that I am the new captain," the 29-year-old said in a statement.
"This is, of course, an honour and makes me proud to represent this club and this team on the pitch and off it."
Meanwhile, experienced Dortmund full-back Lukasz Piszczek has announced the end of his international career after making 65 appearances and scoring three goals for Poland.
Favre's side kick-off their Bundesliga season at home to RB Leipzig on August 26.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"