Atlético nearing deal with AC Milan for Nikola Kalinic
The Croatia international is expected to arrive at the Metropolitano this week with Kevin Gameiro completing his switch to Valencia.
Atlético Madrid are closing in on a deal to bring Croatia international striker Nikola Kalinic to the Metropolitano from AC Milan, according to reports on Monday.
Spanish radio network SER believes the two clubs are potentially just hours away from an agreement over the 30-year-old, whose World Cup ended prematurely when he sent home after refusing to come off the bench late in Croatia’s opening group game against Nigeria.
Gameiro on his way to Mestalla
Personal terms have reportedly been in place between Kalinic and Atlético for some time but now Milan’s new owners have given the move the green light after the arrival of Gonzalo Higuaín from Juventus.
Kalinic will be expected to provide competition for Diego Costa in the Atlético line-up and his signature will pave the way for Kevin Gameiro to make his long-anticipated move to Valencia. The two Liga clubs have reached agreement on a deal worth 16 million euros for the France striker to transfer to Mestalla.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement