Navas: "I have same desire to leave Real Madrid as to die"
Thibaut Courtois will sign a six-year deal at Real Madrid. However, the Costa Rica international has no plans to leave the European champions.
Champions League-winning goalkeeper Keylor Navas is hell-bent on staying at Real Madrid despite the arrival of Thibaut Courtois.
Navas has helped Madrid to three successive European crowns but the Costa Rica international's future is in doubt after the Spanish giants agreed a deal with Chelsea for Courtois.
Belgian star Courtois will sign a six-year contract at the Santiago Bernabéu, however, Navas has no plans to leave Madrid.
"Of course, and I say this with force, I have the same desire to leave than I have to die," Navas told the Onda Cero radio programme.
Navas moved to Madrid from Levante in 2014 – the LaLiga powerhouse triggering the 31-year-old's €10million buyout clause.
His future has always been speculated amid Madrid's pursuit of Manchester United keeper David de Gea, however, the veteran has played a key role in the capital.
Since joining, Navas has won three Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup trophies, two UEFA Super Cups, a LaLiga and Spanish Super Cup title.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool