Girona: Patrick Roberts arrives from City as first new signing
The 21-year-old winger spent two seasons on loan at Celtic but has elected to join several Etihad youth teammates at the Catalonian club.
Girona are set to announce the loan signing of winger Patrick Roberts from Manchester City, with the 21-year-old the only new face yet to arrive at the club this summer.
Roberts, 21, spent the past few seasons on loan at Celtic where he bagged 15 goals and provided 19 assists and was named Scottish player of the month in April 2016, although a series of hamstring problems curtailed his development in 2017-18.
Girona have been very quiet in the market this summer, spending 8.5 million on making Marc Muniesa and Johan Mojica’s loan deals from City permanent while also securing the services of another Pep protégé, Aleix García, for a second loan spell.
21-year-old Roberts brings top-level experience to Girona
City moved for Roberts in 2015 after he caught the eye playing for Fulham, stumping up a fee in the region of 15 million euros for the youngster. He has since added a number of titles to his CV, with three SPL titles and four domestic cups with the Glaswegians to add to his European Championship under-17 success with England in 2014.
Roberts had been courted by several European clubs, including Bordeaux, Rennes and Saint Etienne but settled on Girona, where he will be afforded the chance to slip straight into the starting 11.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"