Griezmann and Rodri could start against Real Madrid in Super Cup
The French World Cup winner could start against Real Madrid in the European Super Cup in Tallinn after impressing the technical staff with his fitness.
Diego Simeone dedicated a large part of his session ahead of the European Super Cup against Real Madrid on Wednesday night to refining his tactics. The Atlético Madrid manager practiced strategic set player during the closed training session in Tallinn. Antoine Griezmann was in the starting eleven that Simeone trained with the French World Cup winner playing his first minutes of the preseason against Inter Milan on Saturday night at the Wanda Metropolitano.
Griezmann wants to play from the beginning on Wednesday night and told the club's official website that he would ask Simeone for some time against Inter in order to be ready to start against Real Madrid in Estonia. It looks like the technical staff are happy with his performance and fitness and a start is not out of the question. The day before, Griezmann did give his team a slight scare when he reached for his thigh before calling Dr. Celada looking for attention. He stretched, however, and continued on to complete the session without discomfort.
Rodrigo also entered into Simeone's potential starting eleven along with Saúl at the base of Simeone's midfield. The former Villarreal midfielder looks to have jumped Thomas Partey in the starting eleven for Wednesday. Ahead of Oblak was Juanfran,Giménez, Godín and Filipe Luis. Koke and Thomas Lemar could complete the midfield with Griezmann just behind Diego Costa.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes