Ronaldo out of hospital after illness
Brazil great Ronaldo praised hosptial staff following his treatment in Ibiza for "strong flu" while on holiday.
Ronaldo has thanked well-wishers after being discharged from hospital in Ibiza.
The former Brazil, Real Madrid and Inter star was admitted while on holiday after suffering from a bout of "strong flu".
The 41-year-old, a two-time winner of the Ballon d'Or, paid tribute to the hospital staff who treated him after initially playing down concerns he had a serious case of pneumonia.
In a statement posted on his official Twitter page, Ronaldo said: "Hi all! I'm home after a few days at the clinic. Thank you all for the affectionate comments and positive energy. Thanks to the team of doctors and nurses.
"Now let's focus on football! This season is going to be awesome."
Ronaldo won two World Cups and scored both his country's goals in the 2002 final triumph over Germany.
Hello everyone! I'm already home after a few days at the clinic. Thank u for your love and comments, and many thanks to the team of doctors and nurses. Thanks my love Celina Locks for being by my side. It's going to be an amazing season with tons of great football and surprises.— Ronaldo Nazário (@Ronaldo) August 14, 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries