Diego Costa nets fastest Uefa Super Cup goal in Atlético win
Diego Costa broke a Uefa Super Cup record as Atlético Madrid beat near neighbours Real Madrid in Tallinn on Wednesday night.
Diego Costa stunned Real Madrid with the fastest goal ever scored in the Uefa Super Cup as Atlético Madrid beat their city rivals to lift the first European trophy of the 2018/19 season.
Costa finds net inside a minute in Tallinn Super Cup
The match was just 49 seconds old when Costa struck, leaving new Real Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui looking dumbstruck on the sidelines in Tallinn.
The Spain striker was the target of a long ball from the back played by Diego Godín and beat international team-mate Sergio Ramos in the air to nod the ball on.
He then reacted quicker than the Real captain and latched on to his flick-on, before nodding the ball beyond Raphael Varane, striding into the right side of the box and rifling an emphatic strike past Keylor Navas from a seemingly impossible angle.
Grabs late leveller as Atlético defeat Real
Costa later prodded in a 79th-minute equaliser to cancel out goals by Karim Benzema and Ramos for Real, before Saúl Ñíguez and Koke netted in extra time to earn Los Rojiblancos a 4-2 victory at the A Loq Arena.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many Olympic medals has the USA volleyball team won?
- OLYMPICS Alternative Tokyo Olympics Medal tables: how would countries rank according to other factors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the longest race in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: When I was 13, I was playing RuneScape! – Peaty congratulates Sky Brown
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Marathon rules, distance and course at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBAL How many olympic medals does LeBron James have?