Real Madrid's Ødegaard joins Vitesse Arnhem on loan
The Norway midfielder is to return to the Eredivisie for another season under the orders of Leonid Slutsky at the GelreDome.
Real Madrid have officially announced a loan deal for Martin Ødegaard, who will join Eredivisie side Vitesse Arnhem on a one-year deal.
Ødegaard, 19, spent the last year and half on loan at Heerenveen and will now return to the Netherlands top flight for another campaign after spending the pre-season with Julen Lopetegui’s senior squad. The Norway midfielder was subsequently omitted from the European Super Cup squad and the list for the opening game of the Liga season, making a second loan spell the obvious option for all parties.
Ødegaard set for second Eredivisie loan spell
Vitesse are currently third in the Eredivisie after two games of the season, the second of which was a 1-1 draw with Heerenveen.
Real issued a brief statement on their website to confirm the move: “Real Madrid C. F. and Vitesse Arnhem have agreed on a deal for Martin Odegaard for the coming season, until the 30th June 2019.”
Ødegaard joined Real Madrid from Strømsgodset in January 2015 but has made just two senior appearances for the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7