Tottenham captain Lloris charged with drink-driving
Hugo Lloris will appear before magistrates next month after being charged with drink-driving.
Tottenham captain Hugo Lloris has been charged with drink-driving, Metropolitan Police has confirmed.
The 31-year-old, who was France's skipper when they won the World Cup in Russia last month, was charged on Friday.
Lloris to appear in court in September
Police confirmed Lloris has been bailed to return to court on September 11, two days after France face Netherlands in a friendly.
A statement from Metropolitan Police read: "A man has been charged following a routine patrol stop in Gloucester Place, W1.
"Hugo Lloris, 31, of East Finchley was charged with drink-driving on Friday, August 24.
"He has been bailed to return to Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, September 11."
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys