Atlético confirm Juanfran hamstring injury
Juanfran was replaced during the first half of los Rojiblanco's 1-0 win over Rayo Vallecano and has suffered a hamstring injury.
Atlético Madrid defender Juanfran has sustained a hamstring injury, the LaLiga club have confirmed.
The experienced full-back was replaced by Thomas Partey after 36 minutes of Saturday's 1-0 home win over neighbours Rayo Vallecano. An MRI scan has confirmed a muscular problem in Juanfran's left leg but Atleti are unsure over a timeframe for his return at this stage.
Juanfran regained his status as Atlético's first-choice at right-back following Sime Vrsaljko's move to Inter on an initial season-long loan deal.
Colombia defender Santiago Arias provides an alternative for head coach Diego Simeone, but is yet to make a LaLiga matchday squad since joining as Vrsaljko's replacement from PSV for €11million at the end of last month.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds