NEYMAR IN BARCELONA
Neymar: "I have a contract with PSG and I'll stay there"
Neymar spoke to reporters in Barcelona about his future, closing the door on a move to Real Madrid, and about the prospect of facing Barcelona in the Champions League.
Neymar was in Barcelona to do some publicity work for gambling website Pokerstars with old team-mate Gerard Pique, and after spoke to Mundo Deportivo and TV3 about his future and the prospect of coming up against Barcelona in the Champions League.
“I have a contract with PSG and I’ll stay there,” said the Brazilian striker, closing the door on any possible move to Real Madrid, at least in the short term.
Neymar, who left Barcelona last summer for 222 million euros, making him the most expensive player in history, also said that he hopes not to come up against his old team-mates in the future.
“It would be very difficult to face Barça in the Champions League. I have very good friends here, who are also very good players. As a club, I would not like to come up against Barcelona,” he said.
The PSG star was also asked his opinion on the mooted transfer of team-mate Adrien Rabiot to Barcelona, but declined to comment. When asked about compatriot Arthur, one of Barcelona’s several signings this summer, Neymar responded: “He’s a great player and I’m sure that he’ll give his all at Barcelona.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics