Real Madrid set to make late bid for Lyon striker Mariano
The club from the capital have informed Sevilla (who were in an advanced stage of negotiation) of their intention for Mariano's return to the Bernabeu.
As time ticks down and the closure of the summer window transfer window looms closer, clubs are frantically trying to terminate negotiations and confirm new acquisitions.
Such was the case with Sevilla FC who were in advanced stages of negotiation to bring Lyon striker Mariano Díaz to the Sanchez Pizjuan in a deal that would see the Andalusian pay 40 million euro for his signature. As things stand Real Madrid may be set to thwart that move going ahead with director general José Ángel Sánchez informing Sevilla president Pepe Castro that Madrid are to bid for their former player.
Madrid have a preferential option to buy back Mariano a clause that was interested into the deal at the time of his sale and they still posses 35% of the players registration. The club from the capital will have a window of 48 hours from the moment they make official their interest to secure the striker.
This news delivers a major blow to Sevilla with the Andalusian side hoping to close the deal and planning on confirming his signing later today, It promises to be a very interesting and tense few days as last minute deals are concluded in the transfer market.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"