Mourinho: I don't know my best back four
After a 3-0 loss to Tottenham, Jose Mourinho accepted he was unsure about Manchester United's best defence.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho admits he is unsure what his best back four is after a tough start to the Premier League season.
Mourinho is under fire after United suffered a second loss in three league games with their 3-0 defeat to Tottenham at Old Trafford on Monday.
The Portuguese tactician is yet to start the same defence in any two games this campaign, with only left-back Luke Shaw starting all three matches and midfielder Ander Herrera used at centre-back against Spurs.
Asked if he knew what his best defence was, Mourinho accepted he was unsure.
"Why not? Because in the first game [it was Victor] Lindelof and [Eric] Bailly," he said.
"Today played [Phil] Jones and [Chris] Smalling, but now Jones is injured, and next match it will be Smalling, with another one.
"When Marcos Rojo comes he will be an option, and no, I don't know my best back four."
United will look to bounce back when they visit Burnley on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong