Griezmann explains why he wanted Atlético to sign Lemar
Antoine Griezmann, who signed a new contract at Atlético Madrid during the summer, explains why he wanted Thomas Lemar to join him in the Spanish capital.
Antoine Griezmann pushed hard for the signing of Thomas Lemar during the summer. The French midfielder joing Atlético Madrid as the club's most expensive signing ever during the transfer market and has started on the right foot, with glimpses of his incredible potential early on his rojiblanco career.
According to his new teammate, Griezmann, in an interview with L'Equipe Magazine, he wanted the player to come to Atlético because "he is 22 years old and to do what he does at his age is difficult. We needed a good final pass, it was a weak point, he will bring that to us. He began as a starter and is already an important player."
"When they asked me about the players that I am most comfortable with, I always say that I love Tom," Griezmann says. "He is very intelligent, he understand everything. He knows to slow down or speed up the play when it's necessary. With experience, he can turn into a player at the top level."
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong