Moto2 rider's contract terminated after pulling rival's brake lever
Having been punished by race officials for pulling a rival's brake lever, Romano Fenati has seen his Marinelli Snipers contract terminated.
Romano Fenati has had his Marinelli Snipers contract terminated following a remarkable incident in which the Moto2 rider pulled a rival's brake lever.
Fenati was disqualified from the race in San Marino and banned for two grands prix after pulling up alongside Stefano Manzi and activating the Forward man's brakes.
But further punishment has been forthcoming for the Italian as it was confirmed on Monday that Marinelli Snipers had ended his deal.
"We can communicate that the Marinelli Snipers Team shall terminate the contract with the rider Romano Fenati from now on for his unsporting, dangerous and damaging conduct for the image of all," a statement read.
"With extreme regret, we have to note that his irresponsible act endangered the life of another rider and can't be apologised for in any way. The rider, from this moment, will not participate in any more races with the Marinelli Snipers team. The team, Marinelli Cucine, Rivacold and all the other sponsors and the people that always supported him apologise to all the world championship fans."
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team