Eagles bring back WR Matthews, place Wallace on IR
Mike Wallace has been placed on injured reserve, leading the Philadelphia Eagles to bring back wide receiver Jordan Matthews.
Jordan Matthews is back with the Philadelphia Eagles after the reigning Super Bowl champions re-signed the wide receiver.
The Eagles also confirmed they had placed starter Mike Wallace on injured reserve.
Philadelphia have been left with just three healthy wide receivers on their roster after injuries to Wallace, Alshon Jeffery and Mack Hollins, though the team has reason to be optimistic with the return of quarterback Carson Wentz looming.
Matthews was selected by the Eagles in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft but was traded to the Buffalo Bills in 2017.
He then signed a one-year deal with the New England Patriots in April but was released in August with an injury settlement after hurting his hamstring.
Matthews, 26, averaged 75 catches, 891 yards and six touchdowns per season over his three years in Philadelphia.
Recommended in Nfl
- MLS LAFC back-to-back road victories after win over Austin FC
- GOLD CUP Will there be fans at the Gold Cup? What are the Covid-19 restrictions?
- Euro 2020 Golden Boot standings: who are the top scorers?
- PSG Ramos speaks after PSG make signing official
- UFC When was Conor McGregor's last UFC fight, and what was the result?
- UFC What were the results of McGregor vs Poirier 1 and 2?