Hazard left out of Chelsea squad for PAOK trip
Chelsea's 21-man travelling party for Thursday's Europa League trip to PAOK does not include Eden Hazard, David Luiz or Mateo Kovacic.
Eden Hazard has been left out of Chelsea's squad for their Europa League opener at PAOK.
Maurizio Sarri indicated he could rest the Belgium international after he scored a hat-trick in Saturday's Premier League defeat of Cardiff City at Stamford Bridge.
And Hazard is the headline absentee from the 21-man travelling party for Thursday's match against the Greek side.
Three more absentees
David Luiz, Mateo Kovacic and Emerson Palmieri have also been left behind by Sarri.
Chelsea have won all five of their Premier League matches under the Italian ahead of their clash with PAOK.
However, they had to come from behind to down Cardiff 4-1 at the weekend, with Hazard's hat-trick turning the game around after Sol Bamba opened the scoring for the visitors.
Recommended in English
- NFL Have the Cincinnati Bengals ever won the Super Bowl?
- NFL How much do NFL players get for playing the conference finals?
- NFL How did the Cincinnati Bengals get their name? Origin and meaning
- TRANSFER MARKET Who are Arsenal targeting after losing out on Vlahovic to Juventus?
- WORLD CUP 2022 Which teams have qualified for the 2022 World Cup?
- REAL MADRID How long is Karim Benzema going to be out of action for?