Cristiano Ronaldo sent off for Juventus against Valencia
The new Juve signing was sent off after 29 minutes of the match against Valencia at Mestalla. He'll miss the match against Manchester United.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s return to Spain with Juventus, to play Valencia in the Champions League, went horribly wrong for the Portuguese striker when he was sent off after 29 minutes of the encounter.
Ronaldo tussling with defenders
The forward had been involved in a number of tussles with the Valencia backline as he sought to impose himself, and with the half hour mark approaching he tangled with Murillo off the ball inside the box. The Valencia defender went down and Ronaldo stood over him and grabbed his head, ending up pulling a handful of hair.
Referee Felix Byrch consulted with his official by the goal side and then gave Cristiano Ronaldo a straight red. The Juventus player protested the decision before leaving the pitch in tears. This marks the first red card for Cristiano Ronaldo in 154 Champions League appearances.
Ronaldo may now be suspended for Juventus' match against Manchester United at Old Trafford on matchday 3 of the group stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series