"We are not women" - Emre Can reacts to Cristiano red card
An off-the-ball clash with Jeison Murillo resulted in Cristiano Ronaldo being sent off, which Juventus team-mate Emre Can disagreed with.
Emre Can reacted to the dismissal of Cristiano Ronaldo in Juventus' 2-0 Champions League win over Valencia by saying "we are not women".
You Can't do that! Emre's red card reaction
Ronaldo came together with Jeison Murillo off the ball and after the Valencia defender fell to the ground the Juve star appeared to pull at his hair.
Referee Felix Brych consulted with his assistants before showing the 33-year-old a straight red card in the 29th minute, prompting tears of anguish from the Portugal forward.
After watching a replay of the incident, Can told DAZN: "That's supposed to be a red?"
The Germany international midfielder added: "I just heard he said it was because of hair pulling. We're not women, we're playing football.
"If you're going to give a red for that, you can give a red for anything. It was 100 per cent not a red card."
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Ronaldo's sister Katia Aveiro took to Instagram to voice her displeasure at the decision, which ended the Portugal captain's first Champions League appearance for Juve.
"Shame on football. Justice will be done. They want to destroy my brother but God never sleeps. Shameful," she posted.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game