Milner pokes fun at Salah's Puskás Award win
Mohamed Salah's strike against Everton in last season's Merseyside derby won the FIFA Puskás Award, which came as a shock to James Milner.
James Milner poked fun at Mohamed Salah's triumph at the FIFA Best awards, with the Liverpool forward's fine strike against Everton having won the prize for best goal.
Salah's curling effort from December 2017 beat competition from Cristiano Ronaldo's overhead kick against Juventus, and Gareth Bale's acrobatic stunner against Liverpool in the Champions League final to win the Puskás Award at Monday's ceremony in London.
The Egypt forward netted a remarkable 44 goals across all competitions in 2017-18, and Liverpool team-mate Milner was quick to point out that the strike in the Merseyside derby was perhaps not Salah's finest of the campaign.
"Congrats Mohamed Salah on your seventh best goal from last season winning goal of the year #baller #topbin #oneofmanyworldies," Milner tweeted.
While scooping one gong, Salah missed out on the Best Player award, which went to Real Madrid's Luka Modric, while the Egyptian was not included in the FIFPro World XI.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer