Sergio Busquets renews with Barcelona until 2023
Busquets renews his contract until 2023 and he sees his release clause rise to €500 million to fend of interested parties in the defensive midfielder.
Sergio Busquets has renewed his contract with FC Barcelona until 2023. The defensive midfielder, who is currently playing his tenth season in the club's first team will remain at the club until he is 35 based on his new contract's terms.
The team announced that his release claused has jumped from €200 million to €500 million in an effort to ensure he remains and retires at the club. The second captain of the first team, Busquets has played 490 games for the blaugranas. He has scored 13 goals in that time.
During the last decade, he has won 28 titles, seven leagues, six Copa del Reys, three Champions Leagues, three Club World Cups, three European Super Cups and six Spanish Super Cups. His previous contract was set to expire in 2021.
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats