Sergio Busquets renews with Barcelona until 2023
Busquets renews his contract until 2023 and he sees his release clause rise to €500 million to fend of interested parties in the defensive midfielder.
Sergio Busquets has renewed his contract with FC Barcelona until 2023. The defensive midfielder, who is currently playing his tenth season in the club's first team will remain at the club until he is 35 based on his new contract's terms.
The team announced that his release claused has jumped from €200 million to €500 million in an effort to ensure he remains and retires at the club. The second captain of the first team, Busquets has played 490 games for the blaugranas. He has scored 13 goals in that time.
During the last decade, he has won 28 titles, seven leagues, six Copa del Reys, three Champions Leagues, three Club World Cups, three European Super Cups and six Spanish Super Cups. His previous contract was set to expire in 2021.
Recommended in English
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"
- NFL PFWA selects three Chiefs for All-Rookie Team Honors
- Soccer Real Madrid's Rodrygo wants World Cup glory with Brazil
- AFCON Mané taken to hospital after head injury blow at AFCON
- NFL Lakers 106 vs. 96 Nets summary: stats, scores, and highlights | NBA
- MLB Big Papi only player elected to Hall of Fame