Svitolina and Muguruza stroll into Hong Kong Open last 16
Seeds Elina Svitolina and Garbine Muguruza recorded straightforward victories on Tuesday to reach the last 16 at the Hong Kong Tennis Open.
Elina Svitolina and Garbiñe Muguruza both won on a comfortable day for the seeds at the Hong Kong Tennis Open.
Top seed Svitolina was involved in Tuesday's late match but had little difficulty dealing with the challenge of Priscilla Hon, recording a 6-2 6-3 victory over her Australian opponent.
The Ukrainian provided a dominant response following early defeats at both the Wuhan Open and Chinese Open and, with defending champion Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova absent, will fancy her chances of taking the title.
Two-time grand slam champion and fourth seed Muguruza, making her Hong Kong debut, was also comfortable as she saw off compatriot Sara Sorribes Tormo 6-3 6-1.
Daria Gavrilova, last year's beaten finalist, came from behind to defeat Zarina Diyas in a three-set contest, while sixth seed Wang Qiang cruised past Zhang Ling.
Zhang Shuai recorded a straight-sets win over Sabina Sharipova, as Samantha Stosur was beaten by Japan's Nao Hibino.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports,
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Opening ceremony at Tokyo Olympics 2021: performing artists, times, TV, stream and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OlYMPIC GAMES Why is the UK called Great Britain in the Olympics? What's the difference?
- OLYMPIC GAMES 2021 What are the 2021 Tokyo Olympics mascots? What are their meanings?