Athletic under fire for publishing 25-0 thrashing on social media
The Liga club is in the habit of releasing all age-group scores but has been criticised for doing so after their under-11s put a quarter-century past Getxo on Saturday.
Athletic Club have been heavily criticised on social media after posting a one-sided result by their under-11 side, who beat Getxo 25-0 on Saturday afternoon.
Athletic habitually release all the scores of their junior category games but came under fire for this particular post, which has also raised the question of whether or not coaches of youth sides should ask their players to take it easy in the case of such a mismatch.
Alevín 08 1898 - Liga— Athletic Club (@AthleticClub) 27 de octubre de 2018
Athletic 25 - Getxo 0 #lezama
Some observers insisted that such one-sided results at under-11 level should not be publicised because of the effect of these games on young players while others suggested it was perfectly normal for a club to release all results at every age-level, regardless of the score.
Athletic and Getxo have both declined to comment on the matter.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes