Lopetegui: worst Real Madrid managerial start in 50 years
All the managers that have started with a worse record than Julen Lopetegui were in charge at the Santiago Bernabéu over five decades ago.
According to our resident statto, MisterChip, Julen Lopetegui is now one of the five worst managerial debutants for Real Madrid in the league. With four victories, two draws and four defeats across the opening 10 games in LaLiga Sanatander (a total of 14 points), Lopetegui is alongside the less than memorable Quirante, Encinas, Keeping and Hertzka.
#OJOALDATO - Lopetegui (4 victorias, 2 empates y 4 derrotas) ya es uno de los cinco peores técnicos debutantes en toda la historia liguera del Madrid, junto con Quirante (4-1-5), Encinas (3-4-3), Keeping (3-3-4) y Hertzka (3-3-4). Todos son entrenadores de hace más de 50 años.— MisterChip (Alexis) (@2010MisterChip) 28 de octubre de 2018
In addition to this, we are reminded that only five managers in the entire history of Real Madrid have lost six of their first 14 league games. The last of these was Luis Molowny, who coached the side in 1974 and completed 14 matches with a record of seven wins and seven defeats.
Sunday's Clásico loss against Barcelona is the fourth time in Lopetegui's managerial career of 211 official matches where his team has conceded five goals. The biggest defeat was during his time at Porto, when he lost 6-1 against Bayern Munich in Germany.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history