Peru - Ecuador
The 5,000 bet that didn't pay off
Blind faith from a Peruvian fan saw him lay down a large gamble on his nation overcoming their local rivals in the Estadio Nacional. It didn't end well...
A Peruvian fan has become the popular figure across social networks after sharing just how easy it is to throw your money away on a bet.
Bet responsibly, kids
The supporter decided to place 5,000 Peruvian sols (the equivalent of about 1,300 euros and about three months average salary in the country) on his nation beating Ecuador at home in their friendly encounter on Friday. And at odds of 1.75 he was looking forward to collecting 8,750 sols after the final whistle.
Unfortunately for the fan, Ecuador ran out 0-2 winners thanks to goals from Antonio and Enner Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy