ARGENTINA | PRIMERA C
Grenade found in away end ahead of Argentine Primera C game
The incident occurred before the Primera C Metropolitana game with rivals Club Atletico Ituzaingó set to face Deportivo Merlo.
The device was discovered by Buenos Aires police as they conducted the traditional security inspection of the ground ahead of the match with the grenade discovered in the section of the ground reserved for visiting fans close to the press box, (since 2013 as a general rule, away fans are banned in Argentine league football) but for the first time in over a decade 1.000 visiting fans were allowed to attend the match.
The police immediately cordoned off the area and the device was removed where a controlled explosion was carried out by the Explosives Brigade.
The local "clasico" between CA Ituzaingó and Deportivo Merlo eventually went ahead without further incidents with the game ending in a 0-0 stalemate.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises