Real Madrid: Barcelona target De Jong 'likes' LaLiga arch rivals
Long-term Barcelona target Frenkie de Jong has aroused suspicions over his future with his recent social-media activity.
Frenkie de Jong is one of Barcelona's chief transfer targets, with the Ajax youngster long among Blaugrana bosses' favoured midfield reinforcements.
De Jong sparks suspicions he's off to Real Madrid
However, he is also attracting interest from a host of other major sides across Europe, including Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester United, and Barça's arch rivals Real Madrid - whose official Instagram account has received several 'likes' from the 21-year-old Netherlands international.
Among the posts that have met with De Jong's approval is last Tuesday's announcement of Santi Solari's appointment as Madrid's full-time coach, and two more published in the wake of Los Blancos' 5-0 Champions League win over Viktoria Plzen this month. Such social-media activity has aroused suspicions that the midfielder could be destined for the Bernabéu.
Madrid reportedly prepared to pay 80m for midfielder
As things stand, Madrid and Barça appear to be among the favourites to secure De Jong's services. In September, the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reported that the former would be willing to pay up to 80m euros to sign the player.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues