Piqué: "I'm thinking about buying a football team"
'L’Equipe Magazine' interviewed Gerard Pique and he revealed he is thinking about buying a football club and is also involved in another project but can't say more.
L’Equipe Magazine sent an advance copy of their latest edition with an interview with Gerard Piqué. As usual, the Barcelona defender announced news. The first piece of news is that he is thinking about buying a football club and the other is that he is trying to either create a new competition or rework an existing one. But he stayed mum on the deatils.
"We are working on two projects," he said. "One is to buy a team. I'm sorry, I can't say any more. The other is the create a new football competition or use one that already exists. No, seriously, I can't say more. They are two wonderful projects."
Piqué confident about the David Cup's investment
"They are confident," Pique said about his investors and the David Cup. "But I don't want to talk about money. Kosmos is a group that invests in sport obviously. But this competition is unique because it doesn't just involve players but countries, flags and national anthems."
"The Davis Cup will never be the Piqué Cup," he said. The Barcelona defender's company will revamp the entire competition with investment from Larry Ellison, the American businessman, into a week long event.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?