River can do what they want – Tévez furious with officials
Carlos Tévez slammed officials after Boca Juniors' Copa Libertadores final against River Plate was postponed.
Boca Juniors forward Carlos Tevez was furious with officials after the second leg of the Copa Libertadores final against River Plate was postponed.
The second leg was pushed back to Sunday after Boca's bus came under attack outside El Monumental.
But officials needed time to make the decision, with CONMEBOL wanting the game to go ahead, and Tevez was angry with their approach.
"I think this is a shame. What CONMEBOL is doing is a shame," the forward said.
"I tell this personally. If someone wants to take action against me for it, do it, I accept it."
He added: "Pablo Perez was in the hospital and they were forcing us to play. It is a shame.
"There were two Boca players in the hospital, another one vomiting, I was vomiting too, everyone sneezing."
Tevez claimed if there had been similar scenes at a Boca home game, the trophy would have been awarded to River.
The 34-year-old said: "Of course this game was almost doomed and River was close to getting the cup, because they do what they want.
"At this time, River did whatever they wanted to, so let's talk about anything else."
He added: "If this was Boca, we would be out already and River would get the cup."
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card