Xabi Prieto: ex-Real Sociedad captain is now just another fan
TV cameras caught former Real Sociedad captain Xabi Prieto in the stands at Anoeta, in the seat he's had since he was a boy, eating a baguette just like any average fan.
Xabi Prieto is one of a priviliged few who are considered club legends at Real Sociedad. The former Txuri-Urdin captain spent 15 years at the club, making 533 appearances - the fifth player to have appeared most for Real Sociedad. In May he decided to hang up his boots for good but he was caught by television cameras during the interval of last night's game against Celta, sat in his usual seat - the one he sat in to watch La Real as a boy and has held onto as a season ticket holder. The images of Xabi Prieto in the stands at Anoeta at half-time, tucking into a baguette just like any average fan, have hit a note with football aficionados in Spain.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team