Ajax set price for Barça targets De Ligt and De Jong at €140m
De Light’s market price is set at 65 million euros, while De Jong’s is 10 million euro higher at 75 million euros.
Ajax have set their price for the young pair of Matthijs De Ligt and Frenkie De Jong, two players that Barcelona are keen to sign next season. With their combined market value to rise to 140 million euros, Barcelona’s board will now have to weigh up if it is still viable to sign the two young Dutch players.
According to Barcelona daily Mundo Deportivo, the two clubs have already held meetings about central defender De Ligt and midfielder Frenkie De Jong, but their price tags has been the biggest drawback. De Light’s market price is set at 65 million euros, while De Jong’s is 10 million euro higher at 75 million euros.
Barcelona’s former technical director, Robert Fernández, had reached the advanced stages of negotiations with Ajax concerning De Jong – who is regarded as one of most promising prospects in European football – but was unable to close a deal for the player with the Amsterdam club.
As reported by AS in in the past few weeks, Barcelona will face stiff competition from the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester City, who are also keen to sign the two players. But the Catalan club is hoping that their desire to play wear the Blaugrana jersey will play in its favour.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win