Lionel Messi splashes out $15 million on private jet
The Barcelona star has invested in a new luxury mode of transport to whizz him and his family between Barcelona and Buenos Aires.
Argentinean website Doble Amarilla reports that Lionel Messi has splashed out $15 million on a luxury jet to whizz him and his family between Europe and South America.
The jet, which was purchased in the United States but will be registered in Argentina, is a 2004 Gulfstream V and comes with 16 executive seats, two bathrooms (one with a shower) and two kitchens.
Messi has already made some personal modifications to his new ‘wings': the number 10 has been painted onto the tail; while the name of each member of his family (Leo, Antonella, Thiago, Ciro and Mateo) has been written on to the steps of the boarding stairs.
According to Doble Amarilla, the jet arrived at the Aeroparque de Buenos Aires on Friday; and a hangar will be built in the town of San Fernando to accommodate Messi’s new luxury means of transport.
Messi to attend River-Boca at the Santiago Bernabéu
Messi will be at the Bernabéu on Sunday to watch the 2018 Copa Libertadores final second leg between River Plate and Boca Juniors. Earlier this week, the Argentinean confirmed his attendance to the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), who also invited Cristiano Ronaldo with the idea that the players would watch the clash side by side in the presidential box. Ronaldo, however, will not be attendance.
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes