Dembélé slips up again after arriving for training 2 hours late
After scoring a fine goal in the Catalan derby on Saturday, the Barça forward claimed he got 'sidetracked' again and duly ended up training alone on Sunday.
Ousmane Dembélé once again finds himself in hot water after turning up for training two hours late on Sunday morning. According to Catalan radio station RAC1, the French forward apologised to the Barcelona technical staff before being told to train alone.
This is not the first time this season that Dembélé's discipline and punctuality has wavered. A few weeks ago, it took the club more than five hours to locate him, with Ernesto Valverde taking similar measures, making him train alone and leaving him out of the squad to face Betis - a punishment that potentially backfired as Barcelona lost 3-4.
For Valverde it will be a recurring issue to deal with and an unfortunate one given the Frenchman's fine contribution to Barcelona's impressive 4-0 win over Espanyol in the Catalan derby. Barcelona next play Tottenham in the Champions League on Tuesday so it remains to be seen whether Dembélé will play a part.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash