Marcelo: Isco rejected Real Madrid armband in CSKA defeat
Isco turned down the captain's armband when skipper Marcelo was taken off during Madrid's Champions League defeat to CSKA Moscow.
Isco rejected the captain's armband when Marcelo was substituted during Real Madrid's surprise home Champions League defeat to CSKA Moscow on Wednesday, the Brazilian has revealed.
I don't know why Isco turned down the armband, says Marcelo
"I tried to give the armband to Isco [when I came off for Dani Carvajal]," the left-back, who was Madrid's skipper for the 3-0 loss, said post-match. "But he told me that I had to give it to Carvajal. I don't know what the reason for that was."
"I didn't see Isco's reaction, but I don't think it was against the fans"
"I didn't see Isco's reaction," he said, "but I don't think it was against the fans. We're here to give our all for this club. We're really hurting, but all we can do is recover and focus on the weekend."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders