United set to fine Pogba after perceived Mourinho mocking
As news of José Mourinho's sacking broke, Paul Pogba responded with a tweet, and now the club may take action.
Paul Pogba is set to be handed a hefty fine by Manchester United after his controversial tweet on the back of the club's decision to sack Portuguese manager José Mourinho.
Pogba faces fine from United
Many observers wondered how French star Paul Pogba would react to the news regarding the boss with the relationship between Mourinho and Pogba notoriously fraught with tension.
At 10:41 UK time the official Paul Pogba Twitter account posted a picture of the player bearing a wry smile along with the text "Caption this". The post was deleted after two minutes but not after many Twitter followers made screen grabs of the post. United legend Gary Neville also responded to the player saying: ‘You can do one as well!’
This all however could be a question of bad timing and unfortunate wording on behalf of Pogba with suggestions that this was a pre-programmed promotional tweet as part of his collaboration with German sportswear giant Adidas. Surely, the fine or otherwise will determine how the club see this version of events.
Recommended in English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Can a fourth stimulus check payment happen in December 2021?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What did Justice Brett Kavanaugh say in the Supreme Court abortion law hearing?
- NFL Colts vs Cardinals on 2021 Christmas Day tickets: price and where to buy
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?
- SOCCER Everton 1-4 Liverpool: Premier League 2021/22
- MLS Carlos Vela to return to LAFC for the 2022 MLS campaign