Klopp reaches 100 Liverpool wins faster than Shankly and Paisley
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly are Liverpool legends but current manager Jürgen Klopp has reached his first 100 wins in charge quicker than both of them.
Jürgen Klopp has celebrated his 100th win as Liverpool's manager, reaching the landmark faster than club legends Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly.
Paisley and Shankly won nine league titles and three European Cups between them during the club's golden era, but Klopp has beaten them both to 100 wins in all competitions.
Six points clear
A 4-0 Boxing Day thumping of Newcastle United at Anfield stretched Liverpool's lead at the top of the Premier League to six points in what was Klopp's 181st game in charge. Shankly took 186 matches to get to 100 wins while Paisley was three games quicker to the landmark, but there are two men who have beaten Klopp's achievement.
Rafael Benítez, whose Newcastle side were coincidentally beaten in Klopp's 100th win, got to three figures in just 174 matches in charge during his spell at Anfield. But the record of all Liverpool managers in this regard belongs to the great Kenny Dalglish, who brought up his 100th win as Reds boss after just 159 matches in all competitions.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?