Pirlo: Ramsey would be a great signing for Juventus
Former Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo has given his backing to the club's apparent pursuit of Arsenal and Wales star Aaron Ramsey.
Aaron Ramsey would be a great signing for Juventus, according to the club's former midfielder Andrea Pirlo. Ramsey is set to leave Arsenal at the end of the season after the Premier League side withdrew their offer of a contract renewal, to the player's surprise. Serie A champions Juve are reportedly among the European clubs keen to sign Ramsey, who will be available to conduct negotiations over a free transfer next month. And Pirlo believes Juve, who signed Emre Can from Arsenal's Premier League rivals Liverpool in similar circumstances last year, would be boosted by Ramsey's arrival.
"Ramsey is a great purchase," Pirlo said on Sky Sport Italia. "Juventus are preparing another excellent deal. He is a strong player and could do very well."
PSG and Liverpool in the race for Ramsey
However, Juventus are likely to face strong competition as reports have indicated Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint-Germain are ready to seal a January move for Wales international Ramsey.
Despite his 10-year Arsenal stay seemingly coming towards its conclusion, Ramsey has made 16 Premier League appearances this term, scoring once. Arsenal are reportedly interested in Sevilla midfielder Éver Banega as a potential Ramsey replacement.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption