Manchester City must regain control in Premier League race says Bernardo Silva
Manchester City star Bernardo Silva called on his team-mates to improve following back-to-back defeats and three in their last four matches.
Bernardo Silva said Manchester City must "regain control" after the stuttering Premier League champions fell seven points adrift in the title race. City have dropped to third in the league following back-to-back defeats after Pep Guardiola's side suffered a shock 2-1 loss at Leicester City on Boxing Day. The titleholders have uncharacteristically lost three of their last four matches to hand the initiative to rivals Liverpool, who are six points clear atop the standings.
"We lost a little bit of control emotionally," said City star Silva. "I sensed the lads stopped a little bit because we weren't expecting that goal. For us to lose two games in a row is not good enough and it's not normal. It's all about character. We know things aren't going as we want, but we have to show heart, improve and come back from this."
Silva and City have the chance to bounce back when they visit a resurgent Southampton on Sunday.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?