Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid's top scorer in 2018 despite exit
Cristiano Ronaldo may have left Real Madrid for Juventus in July, but the Portuguese still tops the LaLiga club's goal charts for the calendar year.
Cristiano Ronaldo will not be seeing in 2019 as a Real Madrid player, but nevertheless remains a dominant figure in the European champions' end-of-year statistics. Despite making his final Madrid appearance in May - before joining Juventus in July - the forward was still Los Blancos' top scorer in 2018, with 28.
Ronaldo finishes 2018 one goal ahead of Bale
Ronaldo finishes the year as Madrid's leading marksman ahead of Gareth Bale, whose Club World Cup semi-final hat-trick against Kashima Antlers left him on 27 goals, one behind his former team-mate. Bale needed almost twice as long per strike: while the Portuguese netted every 66 minutes in his final months at the club, the Welshman averaged a goal every 120 minutes in 2018.
Karim Benzema's tally of 18 sees the Frenchman end the year as Madrid's third-highest scorer, while Sergio Ramos' total of 10 made him the only other player at the LaLiga giants to reach double figures. Marco Asensio and Isco managed eight each, while Lucas Vázquez and Marcelo both got seven.
Real Madrid's goalscorers in 2018:
22 Madrid players among goals
In total, 22 men got on the scoresheet for Madrid over the past 12 months. The last to open their accounts were Luka Modric and Marcos Llorente, who waited until the final of the Club World Cup - the team's closing fixture of the year - to do so.
Meanwhile, Los Merengues' most efficient operator in front of goal was academy youngster Cristo González, who found the net once in a seven-minute Copa del Rey cameo against Melilla - his only first-team appearance in 2018.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother