Arsenal hoping to lure Barça's Denis Suárez to London
According to The Guardian, the Gunners are keen on the 24-year-old midfielder, who Unai Emery knows well from their time together at Sevilla.
Arsenal are with Barcelona for the loan of Denis Suárez with the option to buy the player this summer, according to several outlets in England, including The Guardian and The Independent. The 24-year-old midfielder's situation has aroused the interest of Gunners' manager Unai Emery, who knows the player well from the season they spent together at Sevilla in 2014/2015. Suárez is priced at 20 million euros and Arsenal are keen to either take the player on loan with a first option to buy him in June, or buy him outright when the season is over.
Barça sold Denis Suárez to Villarreal in the 2015/2016 season but then triggered a clause in his contract to buy him back the following year for 3.25 million euros. Suárez already has some experience of playing in England for the two years he spent in Manchester City's youth academy.
This season Suárez has hardly figured, clocking up just 17 minutes of playing in LaLiga for Barça.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream