Morata: Chelsea striker's agent in talks with Sevilla
Sevilla director of football Joaquín Caparrós met with the player's agent, Juanma López, on Monday to discuss a move for the unsettled Spain forward.
Sevilla are seeking to bolster their attack as they make a push for the Liga title in the second half of 2018-19 and have set their sights on Chelsea striker Álvaro Morata, who has fallen out of favour at Stamford Bridge after an underwhelming campaign in the Premier League.
Although the operation will be far from straightforward for a player who cost Chelsea a club record fee of £60 million in July 2017 but Sevilla director of football Joaquín Caparrós was reportedly in talks with Morata’s agent, Juanma López, who arrived in the Andalusian city on Monday with a view to sounding out the possibility of a loan move.
Morata not keen on being used in Higuaín deal
Morata is eager to return to LaLiga on a short term basis and equally keen to avoid being used as a bargaining chip in Chelsea manager Marizio Sarri’s bid to be reunited with his former Napoli charge, Gonzalo Higuaín, at Stamford Bridge.
Sevilla’s offer is to take Morata on loan for the remainder of the season while picking up more than half of the striker’s Chelsea wages. While the Premier League club may take some persuading to part with their striker before a suitable replacement has been sourced, relations between Sevilla and López are extremely cordial and particularly so with Caparrós, who was also once on the agent’s books as a client.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?