Morata: Chelsea striker's agent in talks with Sevilla
Sevilla director of football Joaquín Caparrós met with the player's agent, Juanma López, on Monday to discuss a move for the unsettled Spain forward.
Sevilla are seeking to bolster their attack as they make a push for the Liga title in the second half of 2018-19 and have set their sights on Chelsea striker Álvaro Morata, who has fallen out of favour at Stamford Bridge after an underwhelming campaign in the Premier League.
Although the operation will be far from straightforward for a player who cost Chelsea a club record fee of £60 million in July 2017 but Sevilla director of football Joaquín Caparrós was reportedly in talks with Morata’s agent, Juanma López, who arrived in the Andalusian city on Monday with a view to sounding out the possibility of a loan move.
Morata not keen on being used in Higuaín deal
Morata is eager to return to LaLiga on a short term basis and equally keen to avoid being used as a bargaining chip in Chelsea manager Marizio Sarri’s bid to be reunited with his former Napoli charge, Gonzalo Higuaín, at Stamford Bridge.
Sevilla’s offer is to take Morata on loan for the remainder of the season while picking up more than half of the striker’s Chelsea wages. While the Premier League club may take some persuading to part with their striker before a suitable replacement has been sourced, relations between Sevilla and López are extremely cordial and particularly so with Caparrós, who was also once on the agent’s books as a client.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth