Real Madrid to fine Gareth Bale for absence: El Confidencial
The Welshman left the Santiago Bernabéu in the 78th minute against Real Sociedad, and the club are to fine him for breaking their rules.
Real Madrid will fine Gareth Bale for leaving the Santiago Bernabéu stadium ten minutes before the game against Real Sociedad had ended, according to reports in Spain.
Bale fined for disappearing act
According to Spanish media outlet El Confidencial, the management at the Spanish club are to impose the financial penalty on the Welshman after he broke one of the internal rules. There is an obligation for players who are not selected to remain until the end of the game and the guidance is that they also stay close to the team before and after the match. This advice is in place to develop a collective spirit and sense of integration of all squad members.
The report also states that the winger's own teammates had questioned his attitude the day before the 0-2 defeat to Imanol Alguacil's side. More criticism of the Welshman was to follow with some suggesting he has not shown commitment or desire to even attempt to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots.
Bale's Bernabéu bolt
In footage released by Spanish Tv programme El Chiringuito Bale was seen departing in his car in the 78th minute with his side trailing 0-1. He missed the 86th minute Rubén Pardo header for La Real which ended the contest.
Seen as one of the most experienced men in the Real Madrid squad, more is expected of Bale and his manager Santiago Solari said after the game that the issue would be dealt with internally. It seems judgement has been passed.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises