Jean-Clair Todibo dominates Catalan sports press front pages
The signing of the young, French central defender was all over the front covers of the Barcelona-based sports media this morning.
Jean-Clair Todibo is Barcelona's first signing for next season. The 19-year-old French central defender, who had been negotiating terms with Barça for the past few months, accepted the blaugranas' proposal and his summer move to Camp Nou was confirmed yesterday. Barça see Todibo as an alternative to Samuel Umtiti and Thomas Vermaelen - both of whom have struggled with fitness problems during their time at the club.
Hit by a car as a boy
Catalan daily Mundo Deportivo, who announced that a deal was close several weeks ago, ran an in-depth fearure on Todibo - describing him as a centre-back with a powerful physical presence who is also able to play in midfield. They also mention the accident which Todibo was involved in when he was nine years old - he was hit by a car while crossing the road on his way to a judo class and suffered a fracture to his left leg.
Sport meanwhile, include a quote from the player himself, who is set to sign a five-year contract with Barça: "I'm very happy to sign for Barcelona. Barça is more than a football club and I'm very grateful for the faith they have showed in me".
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?